Updated: 11 March 2019
Thank you for visiting our website (www.richardsaltoun.com), herein referred to as the ‘site’. The site is operated by Richard Saltoun Gallery Limited (interpreted herein as ‘the gallery’, ‘we’, ‘us’, or ‘our’). Users of the site are hereby referred to as ‘you’ or ‘users’. We are a registered company in England and Wales and are located on 41 Dover Street, London W1S 4NS.
This policy applies to the site and all products offered by Richard Saltoun Gallery, Ltd. For online purchases, please see our Terms and Conditions.
Collection of personal data
‘Personal data’ includes but is not limited to your first and last name, your postal and billing address, email address, phone number, IP address and location data, as well as professional details and personal interests.
We may collect personal data from you in various ways, including:
- When you sign-up for a newsletter
- When you fill in a form on our site
- When you create an account with the gallery (either via the online shop or manually through the purchase of an artwork)
- When you correspond with us with comments, queries, complaints or problems regarding our site or services and details of such correspondences
- When you browse our site
If you choose not to provide us with personal data, we may not be able to comply with a request for information or provide you with our services.
How we use your personal data
We collect, store and process your personal data to improve your experience and to provide the goods and services you require.
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- Transactional purposes: to respond to queries raised by you and provide information about our products and services that you ordered or requested either through the site, via email or in person
- Website operation and improvement: to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, which may involve troubleshooting, data analysis and combining, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- Direct marketing: to provide you with information you have requested, including receipt of gallery e-newsletters, electronic invitations and sales offers. If you are a new customer, we will only contact you be electronic means if you have explicitly consented to do so, either through writer confirmation, verbal confirmation or through providing your contact details at the gallery’s reception or art fair desks
You can be removed from the gallery’s database or opt-out of receiving email notifications at any time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update your preferences.
Cookies and similar technologies
- Understand and save your preferences and contact details so you do not have to submit this information twice
- Measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, for example by telling us if you have opened a marketing email that we have sent you
- Help us compile data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may use trusted third-party services, like Google Analytics or ArtLogic, that track this information on our behalf
- Some cookies are necessary so you should not disable these if you want to be able to use all the features of our website. You can disable cookies but this may affect your full experience of the website
Sharing personal data
We will never sell or lease your personal information to third parties. Personal data would only be shared with your explicit consent or under the following exceptions:
- With trusted associated companies and service providers who assist us with operating our website and database, so long as these parties agree to keep all information strictly confidential
- With analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site by analysing how it us used and online beavhiour
- When necessary to comply with the law
We will never sell or trade your personal data to outside parties. This does not include information sharing with any associated companies or service providers who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law.
How we protect your data
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information
- We use computer firewalls and physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data
- We use Malware scanning. Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible
- All communications between your browser and our website are encrypted
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to such systems and who are required to keep the information confidential
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you transmit to the website or to us by email. Once we have received your information, we will store it in electronic and physical records maintained by us and use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
How to contact us
We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective from 25 May 2018, you have the right to see the personal data we hold about you.
If you would like to receive the personal data we hold about you, or if you believe it to be incorrect, please write to:
Richard Saltoun Gallery
41 Dover Street
London W1S 4NS
You can also email us on email@example.com or call us on +44 (0) 207 637 1225.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time, so please check back regularly to keep informed of updates.