Dimensions: 310 x 240 mm
Pages: 1600, 2000 ill
Created by Vladimir Lenin in 1920 under the name 'Higher Art and Technical Studios', the school was formed by the merging of the Stroganov School of Industrial Art and the Moscow School of Painting. Abandoning traditional curriculum and encouraging the avant-garde, the school quickly became the leading art school in the post-revolutionary period. Key instructors were: Aleksandra Exter, Kazimir Malevich, Liubov Popova, Alexander Rodchenko and Nadezhda Udaltsova.